Sunday, September 5, 2010

Seniors Retreat Dos Mil Onse

Reblogged from Aldric's Post http://drikzinventedthis.blogspot.com/
Because everything is already here. ü

Good Morning Blogger. I just got back from our school's retreat and I would say I have learned a lot back there. I got closer to my friends and of course, God. The five workshops had made an impact on my life which can help me change for the better. I've learned to fly and go for my dreams and do it all for God. Though I didn't like the singspiration since it contrasted to my Christian-Rock playlist, I still had fun with my friends singing to God.

What I've Learned (Workshops):
1. "Letter From Mom" - My parents did everything for me so I should respect them. But it's still important for me to give my part of the story.
2. "A Short Talk" - I learned to choose my friends, my activities. My counselor also inspired me to serve back in SSHS in the future senior camps.
3. "Church" - We made origami churches. The true meaning of church isn't the building itself but the people worshiping God together.
4. "Silence" - There I felt like God was actually speaking to me. Time for myself proved to be very great as I had a "one on one" with God.
5. "Friendship Monopoly" - Life will force you to make hard decisions and it will take wisdom to make the right ones. Here, I've grown closer to my friends.
Extra: "Bonding Time" - We gave our thanks and messages to our section/batch. It's the 4th year, so if our batch can't stick together, atleast our section should.

What I've Learned (Others):
1. Dress your best but be yourself. Have your own signature look. I usually stick to street style but, I tend to explore my opportunities. LOL
2. Roomies. People you get stuck with aren't really that "attached" to so, find a way to get to them.

The retreat was AMAZING. I wish we had a part two. So there. :))


No comments:

Post a Comment